Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pleat me happy

Roberto Capucci
Art into Fashion
Philadelphia Museum of Art
Go now


The Capucci show is breathtaking, you actually hear people gasp as they move through the exhibit. Each dress is unexpected and astonishing and unique, it was a nice sensation to be constantly surprised and awed. For my birthday this year I want to go back to 1957 and wear the "9 gowns" dress.

Happy as could be I sat down outside the exhibit and found myself at the foot of the Great Stair Hall where Diana (formerly on top of Madison Square Garden, by Augustus Saint-Gauden. Thank you mom!) was looking over a jazz band warming up for the Art After 5 performance. The only thing better than listening to a jazz band is listening to them warm up. And if you know me at all you know I am happiest in a museum and I love jazz. Now if Matt Damon came over with a puppy I would have died instantly of pure bliss.


Aren't you the lucky one Diana?


No comments:

Post a Comment