Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stepping down


After 6 years as president of the museum auxiliary my mother held her last meeting. This is a job she worked very hard at and was intimately involved in all aspects of the fundraising events and the insane amount of work that goes with each one. 

At the annual luncheon she performed her final duties of instating the new president and the new board. This is the first time I am officially part of the board as second vice-president and it was an amazing moment to stand in front of everyone and have my mother swear me in.


The president of the museum presented my mother 
with a beautiful crystal bowl in thanks for all her work.


I was hoping she would finally take a well deserved break, kick back and relax for a bit but she seems as busy as ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment