Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When I was getting gas today I did not purchase the 2 donuts for a dollar that the sign on the gas pump advertised, even though they looked to be about the size of a fat baby's head. I did not get a Dunkin Donuts coffee when I drove by the shop, and we all know the term "coffee" is used loosely as their recipe is 1 cup white sugar mixed with 1 pint whipping cream with a shot of black coffee added in for smell. I did not stop at the hot dog stand that was voted best local takeout in town, I hit the gas and turned left so as not to go by the drive-thru entrance, it is rumoured to have it's own gravitational pull. 

What I did do is make it home safely where I have 5 grapefruits, 17 oranges, 9 lemons, 4 heads of romaine, spinach, arugula, two heads of broccoli, a giant head of cauliflower, white asparagus, 5 hard boiled eggs and 4 poached chicken breasts waiting for me in the fridge.

The person who came up with the phrase "sweet taste of victory" was not eating steamed broccoli with lemon juice at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment